Thursday, April 22, 2010

Turning the page... Begining a new chapter

*** Disclaimer: I have never been good with keeping a journal so this has become my journal. Because of that some of the little details you probably wont care about (and sorry if they bore you) but they are for my records!!!

We are moving!!! It has been a long process but Ben got offered a great job in (don't gasp) Idaho Falls. We have been talking to this company for a long time, like six months but it didn't seem like a real possibility until recently. (all the while we were in the middle of the hiring process for a gov. agency, which just made it more complicated.) In the beginning of April he was asked to come interview again. So we made it a family trip. He interviewed and I spent some time seeing the area and spending some time with my good friend Camille!!! Thanks to Camille and Paisley we had a great day!!! Ben finished interviewing and when we meet up with him again. I could tell it went well and that he felt different. We spent another day looking around and getting a feel for the neighborhoods and then came home. I knew that if they offered the job to Ben and it was good enough pay he would take it, I wasn't on board yet!! So not two days later the job was offered with a good offer on pay. We were advised to ask for what we wanted and just see if they would up it, so we did but didn't think they would up the offer. Well they DID!!! Now it was an incredible offer so all that was left was to fast and pray about it and make sure it was right. Have I mentioned I was not sold on this idea... Idaho was not my choice of places on the map and I was banking that if we moved it would be to the east coast with the gov. agency not IDAHO!!! So the next week Ben was so patient in letting me take my time to figure out all of this. I finally prayed (I didn't want to pray because I was afraid of the answer) and fasted, and attended the temple and I knew it was right. Just because I knew it was right didn't mean I wasn't scared though, we are still working on that. I did feel peace though that everything would work out and that I might even learn to love Idaho. I do have to say when I was in Idaho Falls it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I pictured all farms and cows and it isn't that small, smaller than I am use to yes but not all FARMS!!! A week later we accepted the offer, along with that we decided to no longer pursue the gov. agency job. We both felt that would have been a good job but this one was better for our family. So we have been working around the clock for about two weeks now, getting our current house ready to sell. I hope it will go on the market next week and then I will go find a house in Idaho. I do have to say as time has gone by and I have talked to people who have lived or grew up in Idaho Falls I have been put to ease, OK so maybe I judged it unfairly!!!



Although I am excited for what the future holds and for all the opportunities Ben will have I still am sad to say goodbye to Utah. We have all of our family here, have made some great friends and have a great ward. I guess the saying I always tell Joshua rings true right now. Goodbyes are sad, Hello's are scary but it's the middle we live for!!! So here comes move #7!!!

6 comments:

Pogue Fam said...

Congrats on the new job! I totally understand the fear of Idaho. But I have a sister and many cousins down there and they seem to like it quite a bit :) Good luck with selling the house and everything! I hope it is a smooth transition for you.

Kaelee said...

Ben and Lindsey the Idahoans! I hope everything is going well with the house stuff. Can't wait to see you guys next month!

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

Are you serious?!?!?! Right when we're about to move to Utah, you're going to move to Idaho? This is so not fair. Of course, we don't know for sure that we'll be transported to Utah, and I guess Idaho is an option, but still--if we get placed in Sandy Utah you are in so much trouble. Unless you let us rent your house, then that might work.

By the way, congratulations! Yay for new jobs!

JaCee said...

how exciting, congratulations! good luck lin!! i have family in idaho and they l.o.v.e. it. i have no doubt you will too. it's always an adventure, no matter where you are right?

Clark Family said...

I guess I am not used to the idea yet either because I cried the whole time I read this post. Well I guess that just means we will have to make a greater effort and that is probably a good thing. We are so excited for you guys though and know that wherever you go you will do well. Just be prepared fo big church callings because with small towns they pick out couples like you and Ben. OOOhh I can't wait to see what your next calling is. lol Love ya!!!!

Missy said...

K, now we need to have you over for dinner FAST! How soon are you moving?