Wednesday, January 27, 2010

SNOW FUN!!!!

So we finally made it up to our family cabin. It has been about four years since I have been in the winter time. You can only access the cabin in the winter time by snowmobile and with little babies the last few years it has prohibited me from going. So finally this year they are old enough (well kind of) so last weekend we packed all of our winter gear and off we went. It was a BLAST, more fun than I even thought it would be. The last time we went we just had Joshua, thus making this time a bit different. We added two kids and a big dog!!! I originally wanted the dog to ride in the sled we hook up to the back of the snowmobiles (it is usually used to take all the gear in). So I got him in it and my sister was nice enough to agree to ride with him and we began the ride in... Not thirty seconds into it he was FREAKING OUT I mean totally freaking out Barking and flailing around. Well, needless to say he walked in following the snowmobiles. We had to stop a few times to let him rest because it is quite far from the parking lot to the cabin. I am happy to report the big winter dog made it!!! Unlike the dog my two boys loved it. Joshua has done it before but as he gets older the more he loves it!!!! Chase equally loved it even though it was his first time, he giggled every time he got to ride. My princess Ellie on the other hand did not like it at all she kept telling me "me not like mommy" me not like." Hopefully in time she will learn to like it. Once she was in the cabin that is where she stayed until (three days later) when it was time to go home!!! While we were there we enjoyed other winter fun too. The kids (I am using the word kids loosely seeing that Ellie participated in none of this) enjoyed sledding and making a snowman in the snow. At nights we enjoyed eating ice cream and brownies and watching movies (by generator because it is too high up to get power) together. I couldn't have asked for a better weekend and a better family to spend it with!!!!


P.S. I have to go now but I will post some of our fun pictures soon!!!

2 comments:

Pogue Fam said...

How fun!!! We haven't taken the girls on vacation with us..... well ever I think. Zoe went a few times as a baby, but I'm a whimp and like our house too much to haul them out. You have encouraged me though! That sounds like so much fun! And good for you running again! I too started running at the gym, but I don't know about the whole marathon thing... you gals are brave!

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

That sounds great! I can't tell you how much my husband would love a weekend like that! Let us know if you ever want some company up there!