Wednesday, February 10, 2010

EIGHT IS GREAT... Love is in the Air

Yes, we made it to eight for all of you who didn't think we would last for eight months. Ben and I celebrated our eighth anniversary this past weekend. Ben planned it all (and if you know him well this won't surprise you) it was ALL a surprise to me... he Loves to surprise me. It was a two day extravaganza!!! He made dinner on Friday and it was gourmet. We had leg of lamb infused with garlic rosemary and lemon, SOOOOO good!!! Along side the lamb we had rosemary and olive oil roasted potato's with fresh green beans. I thought it was so thoughtful that he went to all the effort of finding the recipes then shopping for the items and then making it all, indeed I am spoiled!! He had made arrangements for the kids to sleep at my moms house so after dinner we went shopping and then to a late movie!! The next morning we got breakfast and went to the temple (we always try to do sealings on our anniversary) we missed the sealing time by ten min. but did spend some time at the temple before we went to our five... yes you read right FIVE hour spa appointment. He had made appointments for us to have all kinds of treatments plus a 90 min. massage. We had a great time relaxing and just chatting our lives have been so chaotic lately it was great to slow down. Then we went to dinner and finished off the weekend with jelato!!! It could not have been better. As I look back through the eight years some of it has been total bliss and some of it has been really hard but I wouldn't want to have spent it with anyone else. Love you Ben!!!

P.S. Thanks to my mom and sister Beckie who watched the kids so we could have a great time!!!

1 comment:

Adam and Christine Jardine said...

Oh, heavenly! We finally have family close and I am so hoping we can have a weekend away before things get crazy again-- that is before baby #4 comes (no announcement, I'm just saying). I can't believe it's been 8 years! I still remember that day like it was yesterday. . .