Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Puppy

A week before Christmas the hype all began....Ben informed me that he had bought the best Christmas gift I would ever get for $5. I got really worked up not knowing what he could have possibly bought me for such a bargain. So Christmas was now here and now I had spent a lot of effort on his gift becuase there was so much hype about mine. I was confident that whatever he had gotten me would not be better than the gift I had gotten him. Fuzzy and as soft as that robe was, it was not as fuzzy and soft as the puupy that was to be mine. We started opening presents and I soon forgot all the hype about my $5 gift. Last but not least he pulled out a small box from under the tree. To set the stage...everyone was present at the opening of this gift all huddled around me to await my reaction. I opened it and it looked like a ceramic cooking bowl. My first reaction was why is everyone so excited about a cooking bowl? What makes it so special especially if it was only $5. Then I read the print on the bowl and it read HUNGRY! And I knew that my gift was a puppy. I just could not believe it!! He actually got me my dream dog. Ben went into the garage and brought me who we affectionately call Bernard.

I think that all the planning that went into making this a suprise for me was pretty intense. The planning started six months earlier when Ben started looking for breeders, he found a local one and met with him to discuss the important credentials needed for such a dream dog. He put a deposit down and followed the breeder online to await the puppies arrival. At the first chance available chance he went to meet up with the breeder and pick the puppy. He also made several visits thereafter to spend bonding time with Bernard. All the family knew by Christmas Eve and could hardly wait my reaction. They were all talking and sending photos back and forth Christmas Eve and could hardly believe Ben had made my dream come true. THE DOG BOWL MAY HAVE ONLY BEEN $5 BUT THIS IS NOT A FIVE DOLLAR GIFT!

1 comment:

Kaelee said...

Hey, I finally found the email you sent this address to me in and I finally got it added to my blog. I'm so glad you got your puppy, now I want to see pictures! We sure miss you guys, and I'm glad I finally got it together enough so I can check in on you guys more often.