Saturday, January 3, 2009

Christmas Nativity




Sometime in November we were approached from the activities chairman in our ward and asked us if we would participate in the Live Nativity. At first I was a little apprehensive but soon got excited as I watched Ben grow a beard and prepare physically for this event. I soon discovered that we were not just putting sheets over our heads that this indeed was something special. A few weeks before the party we met with a time period costume designer and prepared the costumes that would be worn that night. I played Mary, Ben played Joseph, Chase played baby Jesus and Joshua played the sheppard, as we played these parts I realized how unique and special it was that my baby got to play the part of Jesus and how special it was for us considering Chase had such an incredible journey to that point in his life. Many prayers were offered in Chase's behalf by our ward members and I think that they all recognized the miracle that he was...not only that night but his life too. As the same goes for Christ. As I was getting ready for the party and taking some time to reflect on who Mary was and the role she played in Christ's life and what it meant to me I really enjoyed taking the time getting to know her. And because of her and her willingness to play a vital role in the plan of our Salvation as the mother of Jesus we are able to return to our Heavenly Father. What an Amazing woman she must have been? A few days before the party Josh was asked to be a sheppard. Besides Ellie who was content being a rowdy church which she is on any regular anyhow, everyone got to play a part.





No comments: