Monday, March 1, 2010

Running, Running, and more Running

OK, is running really fun or is it just the beginning and the end of a run that is fun and the middle is awful!!! I did my first LONG run this Saturday, and at first I was excited to get out there and do it, but that wore off and then I was left with an aching body and miles still to go. I had to find it in me to keep moving my feet even though I didn't want to. As I was starting into my last mile I was giving myself a pep talk like no other. I made it though, I ran the whole way (I am not going to tell you how far it was because it felt really far to me but wouldn't be far to all of you "real" runners). It felt really good to actually finish what I set out to do even though it was hard, it was a small triumph of sorts. I look forward to the beginning and end of my next "Long" run... Here I come Saturday Morning... Am I CRAZY????

4 comments:

Pogue Fam said...

Haha, ok, so 3 miles for me is a great accomplishment. And it sounds to me like you ran further than that... so way to go! I'm working my way up, but running on a treadmill just isn't that great.

Sarah Owens said...

OH man....I do not like running at all unless it is in some kind of sporting event like ultimate frisbee or softball!! I could run all day if it's chasing a frisbee or a ball....not this isn't the Owens dog Sandy, it's Sarah....but I just realized that's probably exactly what a dog would say, hehe. Oh well, kudos to you for getting out there and doing it. I always say I should start and then never do...Way to go with not giving up and sticking with it. And thanks for the commment on my craft blog. I will admit I didn't remember the name right away but as soon as I saw your picture it brought back some great memories of how cute you are and were pregnant at the time. Your kids are getting so big. Well we will have to catch up some more later.

Clark Family said...

WAY TO GO!!!! I am glad someone in our family is motivated to do something like running cause I hate running. lol I love my exercise videos though. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!!! :)

JaCee said...

yes, you're crazy! But persistent and accomplished as well! Way to tough it out lins! I am so not a runner, but i've kinda always wanted to be, there's something about the endurance it takes...